The new call for proposals on “Social innovations for a fair green and digital transition” aims at funding 15 to 20 projects that develop and test integrated and inclusive social innovation approaches to promote a fair green and digital transition. Submission deadline is 2 August 2022.
Earmarking a total budget of EUR 10 million, the call is part of the EaSI strand of the European Social Fund+ (ESF+).
The activities to be funded are as diverse as capacity building, awareness and communication, developing and testing innovative approaches to counter energy and transport poverty, to strengthen employability of vulnerable groups in the green and digital economies, and many others.
Projects under this call will contribute to:
- promote the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights (EPSR) principle 20 in essential services, including energy, mobility and digital communications, in the context of the green and digital transitions;
- identify and address (re-/up-)skilling and (re-)training needs stemming from new, green or digital products, services or technologies;
- foster social acceptance and/or behavioural changes for more sustainable business models, consumption patterns and/or modes of transport;
- develop sustainability pathways and transformation tools for social economy actors;
- tailor solutions to the particular contexts starting from general models, such as the City Doughnut or macro level climate adaptation solutions, to other, business or local environments.
Submission deadline is 2 August 2022.
- Call for proposals: Social innovations for a fair green and digital transition
- ESF+ on Funding and Tender Portal