Each year, the CoR offers young university graduates a limited number of five-month traineeships.
The purpose of the organisation of traineeships in the CoR is:
- to provide a first-hand experience of the workings of the CoR and of the EU institutions in general;
- to provide practical knowledge of the working of its departments;
- to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- to enable trainees to have the opportunity to organise a study visit to a European local or regional authority, in connection with the Committee’s political priorities;
- to enable trainees to develop and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies or personal careers.
Trainees are selected from nationals of the EU Member States. However a limited number of nationals of non-member countries may be accepted.
- either hold a university degree (or an equivalent diploma) awarded by the closing date for applications;
- have a thorough knowledge of one official Community language and a satisfactory knowledge of one other EU-working language (French or English).
CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant. The amount of the grant is equivalent to 25% of the salary of AD*5 officials (step 1) at the start of the traineeship for the full 5-month period. A monthly supplement of EUR 100 is given to married trainees whose spouses are not gainfully employed and to trainees who have dependent children (€100, 00/child/month).
A supplementary grant amounting to up to half of the monthly grant may be granted to a handicapped trainee.