The Commission organises twice a year in-service training periods lasting five months for university graduates.
This does not exclude those who, in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The training periods start on 1 March and 1 October each year.
The purpose of in-service training is in particular:
- to provide them with practical knowledge of the working of Commission departments;
- to enable them to acquire personal experience by means of the contacts made in the course of their everyday work;
- to enable them to further and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies and in particular in their specific areas of competence.
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates, from all over the world who have:
– a degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a Bachelor);
– a very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
– a very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).