|Work Location : US- Washington, DC||Type of Post : Not Applicable|
|Other Possible Location : US – Atlanta, GA||Funding : APPROVED|
|Expected Travel : up to 30%||Type of Contract :|
|Language Requirement :||Application Deadline :|
|Employee Duration : Active Full-Time|
CARE USA is seeking an innovative and creative Senior Manager, Regional Advocacy who will play a leading role in the CARE Action Network (CAN), building it into a national force to support the fight against global poverty. She/he/they will join a close-knit team of dedicated colleagues that works to influence U.S. development policies and programs that impact millions of people in the developing world and CARE’s work with them.
The Senior Manager, Regional Advocacy will responsible for designing and implementing a regional strategy to mobilize CARE supporters and opinion leaders to engage members of Congress around CARE’s mission. To do this, the Sr. RAM will lead discussion and strategy to support the CAN team in building a cadre of advocates capable of reaching key U.S. legislators.
The person in this role will focus on recruiting “grasstop” individuals whose connections to elected officials can be utilized to advance CARE’s policy agenda as well as advocate leaders who will help organize support for CARE’s advocacy agenda in their communities. To build a viable and sustainable list of advocates, the Sr. Manager, Regional Advocacy will collaborate with other departments within CARE, including those in Fundraising and Marketing.
This role will report directly to the Director, Mobilization and Engagement to construct CAN’s national strategy and improve its efficacy. They will contribute to national CAN objectives and will assist in selecting strategic members of Congress to target and develop national engagement plans that leverage our annual initiatives (e.g. CARE’s National Day of Action and the District and State Chairs program). The Sr. Manager, Regional Advocacy will recruit advocates to attend CARE’s annual advocacy conference in Washington, D.C.
This position will represent CAN as needed in cross functional strategy development and will contribute to a national strategy to build a constituency to support our policy goals and will engage with their peers in implementation.
- Design and Implement Regional Strategy
- Recruit and Mobilize Influential Advocates
- Represent CAN and Contribute to National Initiatives
- Support the Director with additional responsibilities, such as engagement in fundraising or celebrity management
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, political science or similar field
- 5-8 years experience working on issue/political campaigns, Capitol Hill or community organizing
- Knowledge and understanding of how US government policies are created
- Some knowledge and understanding of policy issues related to CARE’s mission
- Special events planning and logistics coordination
- Strong political acumen
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Previous organizing experience with issue and/or political campaigns
- Volunteer management
- Interest in, and willingness to travel
- Word processing, PowerPoint, internet and social media skills
- Database management skills