City: London (Hybrid with 3 days on site)
INTRODUCTION TO GIRLS NOT BRIDES
Girls Not Brides is the only global organisation uniquely focused on creating and sustaining a worldwide movement to end child marriage and ensuring that this movement leads to tangible change for the girls at risk or affected by the practice. We are a network of over 1,600 civil society organisations in over 100 countries working in partnership to end child marriage.
Our vision is a world without child marriage where girls and women enjoy equal status with boys and men and are able to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their lives. Our vision challenges deeply embedded social norms that harm the lives of girls, women and their communities.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development and Outreach Manager. Based within the Development and Outreach team (formerly Donor Engagement), you will report to the Head of Development and Outreach and work closely with senior staff including our CEO, and external stakeholders.
The successful individual will have wide ranging responsibilities including managing and strengthening relationships with existing and prospective donors, leading the development of Girls Not Brides’ prospect pipeline, and preparing and quality assuring a range of proposals and donor deliverables.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced fundraiser with knowledge of the funding landscape, excellent relationship management and written communication skills.
London, UK (Hybrid with three days on site)
Head of Development and Outreach
£44,100 rising on an annual incremental basis. Girls Not Brides also offers a generous 10% pension.
This is a permanent full-time role. The successful candidate must have the right to work in London, United Kingdom.
Donor relationship management
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with a range of existing and prospective donors for Girls Not Brides – currently largely donor governments and private foundations.
- Manage, draft and quality assure a range of communications and deliverables for existing and prospective donors.
- Lead the development of funding proposals working with different team members.
- Exercise sound judgment to anticipate and respond to the needs of existing and prospective donors, to share news, products and updates and involve them in relevant Girls Not Brides’ activities.
- Support the broader Girls Not Brides team to engage with, and inform, donors in their work.
Donor pipeline development
- Lead the management of Girls Not Brides’ prospect pipeline.
- Identify new donor prospects for Girls Not Brides through conducting research and analysis.
- Use knowledge of the sector and funding landscape to rate and recommend which prospects Girls Not Brides should pursue and recommend appropriate outreach plans.
- Work with SLT and other team members to support development of a Funding Wishlist and concept notes for prospective donors in line with our strategy.
- Working with the Head of Development and Outreach, support ongoing staff sessions on fundraising to strengthen the organisational culture around fundraising.
- Work with the Finance team to support pipeline and gap analysis to inform fundraising agenda.
External visibility and events
- Represent Girls Not Brides externally with donors and partners.
- Project manage donor related meetings and events as necessary.
- Support increased visibility and awareness of Girls Not Brides’ work.
Development and Outreach Strategy
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Development and Outreach Team (formally Donor Engagement Team), particularly in relation to Girls Not Brides’ fundraising strategy.
- Manage project budgets with delegated budget authority as applicable.
- Track and deliver on action points and commitments related to fundraising, funder relationship management, and maintaining and updating our database and prospect pipeline.
- Contribute to the broader work of the Development and Outreach Team.
Wider Organisational Responsibilities
- Commit to the mission and vision of Girls Not Brides, putting these at the forefront of all planning, work and actions.
- Uphold the core values of Girls Not Brides in all areas of work and interactions with colleagues, members, partners and other stakeholders.
- Line manage roles and consultants as necessary, delegating responsibilities and tasks as appropriate.
- Comply with Girls Not Brides policies and processes, with particular note for safeguarding, diversity and inclusion, the code of conduct and data protection.
- Prepare and deliver reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, as necessary.
- Ensure that internal databases and monitoring information are kept fully up-to-date.
- Commit to ongoing personal development and learning.
- Fulfil any other reasonable requests for the advancement of Girls Not Brides.
- Experience of successful fundraising and donor engagement, preferably within a similar sector.
- Experience of writing successful funding proposals for private foundations and/or governments.
- Experience of prospect research and cultivating new partnerships with institutional donors.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Advanced understanding of charity fundraising, and knowledge of trends in fundraising and the broader development sector.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write effectively and synthesize information for different audiences.
- Excellent research and prospecting skills.
- Excellent people and relationship management skills, including the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly organised with excellent information management skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to appraise options and adapt plans as required.
Essential values and attributes
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Girls Not Brides including understanding of approaches to empower girls and women and support gender equality.
- Skilled team worker with an inclusive and collaborative approach, in line with Girls Not Brides’ values.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish.
- Programmatic experience of working on child marriage or broader work on empowerment of girls and women.
Girls Not Brides is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk with whom our staff and representatives work and interface. Any employment with Girls Not Brides may be subject to the satisfactory completion of a background check and a criminal records check which can include but is not limited to: an overseas police record check, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (for those based in the UK) or an International Criminal Record Check (if applicable).
How to apply
Girls Not Brides is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We want every colleague to be able to deliver their work with dignity, equality, comfort and independence. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons**
The closing date for this role is 09:00 BST on Monday 30 May 2022.
To apply, please go to the job page: https://girlsnotbrides.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/38?target=frame click on the Apply now button on the job page and submit your CV and a brief cover letter (no more than two pages) demonstrating how you meet the criteria within the Person Specification.
We regret that due to the large number of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.