Location: Berlin or Remote
Mnemonic, a non-profit organisation of human rights advocates, archivists, technologists, and open source investigators dedicated to preserving, memorialising and adding value to publicly available information related to human rights violations. About the Opportunity. We are looking for a Project Manager for the Sudanese Archive Project who will ensure a day-to-day management of project activities in coordination with the Executive Director and Project team, liaising with International and Sudanese organisations and providing the project team and stakeholders with the appropriate technical and managerial support as needed. The Project Manager is responsible for planning the projects and coordinating key tasks, in detail with key milestones and performance measurements to ensure successful delivery and desired impact. We are an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Description of responsibilities
- Implementing the current project activities and developing the project strategy of the Sudanese Archive to formalize and expand its current partnerships and allies.
- Coordinating project activities with the Sudanese Archive team members and Mnemonics senior staff members, in detail with key milestones and performance measurements to ensure successful delivery and desired impact;
- Applying and integrating Mnemonic’ Standard Operating Procedures into project implementation;
- Reporting to the Executive Director on project’s update and achievements.
- Managing internal and external relations related to the project implementation, including colleagues within his team and other departments supporting the project, and third party actors such as donors, local authorities, and technical service providers respectively
- Coordinating the research and capacity building activities of the Sudanese Archive project;
- Support protective legal and advocacy interventions;
- Coordinating, networking and establishing collaborations with Sudanese and International partners, including local and international media outlets, CSOs and HROs;
- Participating in public events to represent and promote the Sudanese Archive achievements and results.
- Ensure technical requirements and project’s goals are met.
Program management, quality and project design
- Coordinating with the M&E Team and Senior Management Team to ensure that the project is led by a clear vision toward achieving an impact
- Upon request, participate in fundraising and networking actions and meetings
- Provide inputs to the Country Program’s strategy development and planning related to the technical area of work
- Solid project and grant management experience, as well as an independent, hands-on, reliable, and quality-oriented way of working;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- At least three years experience working in project management;
- Degree in human rights, law, public administration, or a related field, or 3 years equivalent experience.
- Public speaking skills (ability to represent the project to funders, stakeholders, partners), as well as good writing skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic;
- A part-time or full-time position for a limited term, 12-month contract, starting June 2022. Possibility to extend this position, depending on available funds, organisational needs and performance;
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team;
- Competitive compensation;
- Training opportunities;
- Possibility to work remotely.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of May 2022, mentioning in the subject line “Sudanese Archive – Project Manager”.