Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the–Finance and Operations Manager at Save the Children International’s New York Advocacy Office in New York.
The Finance and Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of Save the Children’s New York Advocacy Office. This position manages all accounting, budgeting, and banking functions for the NY Office and works closely with the director to generate and track budgets for internal purposes and reporting. In addition, the Finance and Operations Manager performs administrative duties, human resource management and IT management, and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector (4-5 years)
- Extensive understanding of accounting principles, finance management, budget forecasting, and finance preparation for tax reporting
- Proficient user of finance software
- A proven ability to work in a team in pursuit of common goals
- Able to manage, guide, and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analyze complex information and offer creative, practical, and effective solutions
- Excellent management and organizational skills; highly detail-oriented
- Excellent intrapersonal, communication, and presentation skills, and an ability to distill large amounts of information for a variety of audiences
- Results-oriented, with experience in monitoring finance management of a small office
- An ability to work flexibly in a team and to adjust work plans and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs promptly
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Office management experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working in developing countries would be an advantage
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.