After four years of development, the MHPSS Collaborative is seeking a new Director to drive the next stage of its evolution. The MHPSS Collaborative was born out of a need to link knowledge, research and practice to better respond to emerging challenges across the field of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) for children and families in emergency and fragile settings.
Together with local to global stakeholders, we are a global platform for research, innovation and advocacy to ensure advancements in MHPSS are prioritized and integrated throughout humanitarian response. To date we have established our reputation as an authority on child and family MHPSS, creating a library of inter-disciplinary resources for promoting and implementing MHPSS, and co-leading a number of campaigns including the Copenhagen 2020 Action Plan for Child, Youth and Family MHPSS. Going forward we are seeking a new Director to be based in Copenhagen to build a solid vision and structure for the future, secure the funding base and ensure a dynamic team of advisors.
In this role your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the overall leadership of the MHPSS Collaborative.
- Maintains and builds a fully funded team in the area of research and documentation, capacity strengthening, program development, and advocacy on MHPSS for children and youth, including technical experts.
- Promotes collaboration with global actors outside the Save the Children movement.
- Positions the Collaborative globally within strategic and impactful fora across sectors that can result in improved understanding of issues and programmatic solutions for children and youth´s development, wellbeing and resilience.
- Develops strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations that expand the reach and vision of the Collaborative, and support the work under each of the focus areas.
- Develops and actively leads fundraising efforts to further resource the Collaborative beyond its existing base funding.
- Further develops an advisory committee of key stakeholders in the area of MHPSS to ensure the relevance and positioning of the Collaborative.
- Works to build a longer term status for the Collaborative that either positions it for future independence or with a sustainable hosting relationship with SCD.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL PROFILE
- An advanced level of expertise and thorough understanding of the key theoretical and practical considerations in the area of children and youth’s development, wellbeing and resilience (including research trends).
- Proven experience with programming in both longer-term development and humanitarian programming in a variety of contexts, including fragile states.
- An established expertise in MHPSS or a strong interest and demonstrated aptitude for developing expertise in MHPSS
- Proven experience creating and driving the execution of visionary strategies and plans, including anticipating future consequences and trends accurately and communicating credible visions, possibilities and likelihoods.
- Demonstrated track-record in effective fundraising from a range of donor sources.
- Motivational leader with proven experience in managing highly professional employees with diverse backgrounds, including employee development and performance management.
- Strong and demonstrated networking and negotiation skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset and track record.
- Ability to propose and implement options for future operating models for the Collaborative.
TERMS & RECRUITMENT PROCESS
You will be employed according to the terms of individual leader contract Agreement between Save the Children Denmark and the AC organizations and HK. The position is without limited working hours.
Deadline for applications is October 24. 2021.
Please follow this link to apply for the position: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/